Max Life, with whom we provide remote urgent care, remote ER screening, and mobile trauma care, participated in the the ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) World Congress Emergency Response Day back in September. It may be several months later, but the ITS has released this wonderful video on YouTube showcasing the Mock Incident exercise. Max Life can be seen starting at the 1:06 mark, showcasing swyMed’s telemedicine communication platform inside their ambulance beginning at 1:27. However, watch the entire thing. It’s less than three minutes and provides a great example of how telemedicine can play an important role in emergency response.
Recently, CMS (the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) released a proposal of new rulemaking asking for comments on easing “telehealth” requirements for ACOs (Accountable Care Organizations). You can find a wonderful press release here from the ATA (American Telemedicine Association), who was instrumental in getting CMS to reconsider their earlier rules.
Having reviewed the proposal, I had to remind myself that CMS (and, ultimately, the Department of Health and Human Services) is to actually very committed to enabling greater adoption of telehealth, and that their final rules have historically been heavily modified from their proposals. Having said that–and I’m no doctor or lawyer–but I felt this proposal to use waivers rather than simply waiving antiquated requirements just adds red tape where there shouldn’t be any. Does anyone else get that sense?
First, a quick statement of why s Read more
- Adoption of Telemedicine (32)
- American Telemedicine Association (18)
- Announcement (14)
- Behavioral Health (7)
- case study (4)
- Home health (8)
- Interoperability (3)
- mHealth (33)
- Mobile Video Collaboration (18)
- Press Releases (6)
- Reimbursement (9)
- Secure Video Collaboration (35)
- swyMed (51)
- TeleHealth (81)
- TeleMedicine (123)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Microsoft & SwyMed improve health outcomes by connecting remote patients with specialistsSeptember 6, 2017 - 8:51 am
- Remote Patient Evaluation (RPE) Is Ready for PrimetimeOctober 13, 2017 - 1:01 pm
- Proposed Rule Would Allow VA Telemedicine Providers to Treat Patients across State LinesOctober 6, 2017 - 12:21 pm
- Texas Considers Expanding Telemedicine Reimbursement for Workers’ Comp CasesSeptember 29, 2017 - 4:36 pm